Hang on kids, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!




Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Gluten-Free Experiment

I have had digestive issues for over 4 years. It is embarrassing, uncomfortable and I am sick of it. After a lengthy conversation with my cousin who is a doctor, I decided to to a gluten-free diet for the month of March. I already gave up fast food for Lent so I am cooking at home everyday anyway. When I decided to do it I knew it would be difficult, but I had NO idea how much food contains wheat!! Holy cow! It will be interesting to see the results at the end of the month, but I am already noticing I feel better, my stomach is not as distended as it usually is and I have dropped 3 lbs since Friday. Must be doing something right.

I am also prepping for my first half marathon on Sunday. Yup, I took the plunge and signed up for it. Am I crazy or what?! Sounds like we are going to have some craptastic weather in AZ this weekend so that will just be perfect. Bring it on. Fortunately, my loving son is also going to participate in it with me. I took the day off work on Monday to try and rest & recoup and will drive back to Vegas with my boy for his Spring Break. I will post photos and all the gory details next week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment