Hang on kids, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!




Monday, May 23, 2011

Liquid Diets Can Kiss My Grits

My doctor is not requiring that I do any sort of pre-op diet, but I decided that I would do one on my own so that my liver is not "inflamed" before surgery (they prefer that you lose 10 lbs before surgery for that reason). It.Sucks.

After gorging myself on about 58 lbs of steak and chicken yesterday at TdB (my "Last Supper" as my husband and friend put it), protein shakes leave a lot to be desired. However the shakes I am trying today aren't too shabby. I was super excited to find one in Dark Chocolate flavor. I am taste testing this week to figure out which ones I actually like before I live on them for 2 weeks post-op. See my lunch below.






Now, I know that it will be much easier once the band is in place and I have restriction, but dang. Thank heavens for the blog to get my food frustration out.

2 comments:

  1. I like the generic brand from Wal Mart for Slim Fast. It doesn't have a chalky taste to it that I find Slim Fast has. LOL

    Hang in there girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH, liquid diets leave a lot to be desired, but I think that you are going about it the right way by finding out what you like before it is absolutely manditory. Personally I like the taste of Muscle Milk the bast of any meal replacement drink I have tried, I don't know if it is what you are looking for though.

    ReplyDelete