Hang on kids, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!




Monday, April 9, 2012

Ham Detox

Happy Belated Easter to all! I had a very laid back, easy going day. Those are quickly becoming my favorite types of holidays. Don't get me wrong, I love having family and friends together for special days, but it is equally as nice to have just the 3 of us (or 6 if you count the dogs) together for the day.

I cooked a honey glazed ham, southern green beans (OMG) and mashed sweet potatoes. I was channeling the cooking skills of a 55 yr old southern woman yesterday. It was all pretty incredible though! The green beans and potatoes in the the southern green beans were from our Bountiful Basket as well as the sweet potatoes. And let me tell you something, those were the most flavorful and tasty sweet potatoes I have ever had!! I LOVE our Bountiful Baskets! However today I am paying for the eating yesterday. Not that I overdid it, but just what I ate. You forget that ham blows you up like a balloon with all of the sodium in it! I have been drinking like a camel today to flush it all out...but since we are having leftovers for dinner tonight it may not matter ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment