Hang on kids, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!




Monday, February 25, 2013

I Want To Be Like Forest Gump

I want to be a runner. I want to want to run and keep on running. I want to be able to run for more than 5 minutes at a time. I want to be able to run a 5k and RUN the entire thing...not feel like I am going to die after running 1/4 of a mile. Then progress to longer runs. I know, it takes time for your body to get in runner's shape and to build up that endurance. But I want to be able to do it now!! I want to get that runner's mind where nothing can stop me...I can keep on going no matter what. I don't have that. Is there an app for that?

But on a more positive note, I am going to do my first half marathon in 2 weeks. Walking in my first half marathon, that is.  I got a Groupon for the City of Peoria 1st Annual Half Marathon, and for $30, I can do my first half. Even if it takes me 3 1/2 hrs, I will finish it. I honestly just want the medal and the ability to get a 13.1 sticker and not have it be BS :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment