Hang on kids, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!




Friday, February 1, 2013

Juice Fast Results

I haven't had the chance to update you on my juice fast results. I did not make it the full 7 days because when I am with my family on the weekend we are busy folks and usually end up eating out. Well, 7 days down and I lost 6.2 lbs. Not too shabby for being satisfied and only having liquid and the occasional banana and strawberries during the week. I had juice Saturday morning but ate regular food the rest of the weekend. Did not overdo it, ate as I normally would. Weighed myself on Monday morning and was UP 4.2 lbs. Really? Now granted, I did not drink water like I usually do the entire weekend and when I did get my water in on Monday, I was down 2 lbs.

How did I feel during and after the fast? Wonderful!!! I had energy. I was not dying of hunger every day (just twice I wanted to eat my hand) and I was very happy with the end result. Amazing what happens when you get the proper nutrients in every day. One major thing I noticed was my lack of sweet cravings...which is strange because I am a chocolate fiend.

This week I have juiced for breakfast and usually dinner. I have decided to eat my "big" meal at lunch so I don't graze at work. No weight lost (and no weight gained), but that might have something to do with the 500,000 mg of sodium I ingested last night at Jason's Deli while indulging in a salad from the salad bar (loaded with veggies!) and a cup of French onion soup. Nom. Haven't drank enough water today to counteract the sodium because my wedding ring is still snug on my finger. I can usually feel my feet swell shortly after I eat it. Think that I have an issue with salt in my diet? Little bit.

Now to concoct a juice for dinner since I ate a Jimmie John's sandwich for lunch. Oink.

No comments:

Post a Comment