Hang on kids, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!




Friday, January 18, 2013

Juicing (In the Good Way)

I'm not talking about taking steroids, but by drinking in your daily fruits & veggies. How many of you actually do it? I have wanted to try it on my own but never started until last week. I get Bountiful Baskets each week and last week they offered their juice pack for the first time, so I bought 2. It had lots of great fruits & veggies (apples, oranges, carrots, cucumber, celery, beets, ginger, lemon, lime) and we got creative. We have a juicer already that we have used a lot for grapefruits we pick off my in laws' trees, but I want to get a better one...perhaps a Breville? In the meantime to make it easier for my husband and son to make juices and smoothies for themselves in the morning, we bought a NutriBullet at Walmart last weekend. It worked great for my husband and son's breakfast, however I had a dirt smoothie. Well, at least that is what it smelled and tasted like. Why, you say? Because I added beet to mine. Made it beautiful but it tasted like my garden soil. I literally had to put a straw in and chug in order to actually finish it and not let anything go to waste. It was HORRIBLE. No matter what else I added, it tasted like dirt. Lesson learned. Follow recipes when using beets. Only good thing was that it helped to keep me regular, if you catch my drift. It is helping with the weight loss and I have dropped 5 lbs since the beginning of the year, but I need to keep up with it better.

Any favorite blends of juices you like? Please share!!

No comments:

Post a Comment