Hang on kids, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!




Friday, September 9, 2011

I Have My Mom's Hands

Not literally.

However, I discovered today something I haven't seen in quite some time. As I was filling up my water bottle this morning I noticed these things on the tops of my hands. Yup, my veins. I mean they were popping out today! I don't recall ever having had that in my life. I say I have my mom's hands because she has "veiny" hands, as does my grandma (her mom). I guess I have always had that layer of fat over my hands and never noticed them. But bring em' on! My wedding ring also spins. It is glorious! It hasn't done that since we first got married.

Speaking of married. I can't believe that I forgot to blog about my closet cleaning adventure. Just for shits and giggles (and because it has been in a ball on the top shelf of my closet for almost 4 yrs) I tried on my wedding dress. My husband and I will be married for 4 yrs in Nov. Now, on my wedding day I had my lovely little body shaper thing on and my dress fit perfectly. Well guess who wiggled her shrinking behind into her wedding dress that hasn't fit in 3 1/2 yrs WITHOUT any sort of support wear and zipped it up? Yup, it happened! I was elated!! I walked all around the house in my wedding dress for about 30 minutes. My husband and son thought I had completely lost it. Now I get to do my "Trash the Dress" photo session I have been dreaming of doing! That is my gift to myself when I hit 220...so in 9 lbs. That is what I weighed when we got married.

I am loving all of the little changes to my body that I am discovering. It's kinda fun :-)

2 comments:

  1. It is the littlest things that really make us see how far we are coming. Congrats on the veiny hands and fitting into the wedding dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a photographer, I can totally appreciate your "trash the dress" goal! I've not been able to find anyone around here willing to T the D!!

    I want to see pics when you get them back~~ pretty please??!

    Congrats on the hand veins! Hehe.. it's truly the little things isn't it?! Lovin your progress!!

    ReplyDelete