Hang on kids, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!




Monday, September 19, 2011

I Think I Figured It Out

I posted last week about wondering if I was too tight. Well, I think I figured it out all on my own. I don't think it is the band....I think it is me. I realized that I am eating too big of bites too fast. Before with little to know restriction I was eating almost like I was pre-band. I didn't have to take little bites, but I chewed well. This weekend I discovered that I am not taking small enough bites and definitely not chewing enough. When I eat a bite of something that is about the size of the top of my pinky finger, I am good. Anything bigger, it gets stuck. I guess I have just been winging it until this latest fill and now I really need to buckle down and focus on what I am doing when I eat. I am also satisfied with a much smaller amount and if I push it, I feel like I get stuck...but is it that or is it just that I am trying to cram too much food into my stoma? I think it is the latter.

I am concentrating on my eating now. I am going to spend the next week and a half focusing on meal time and see how often I have an issue. I have an appt with my doctor on the 29th and will see how that all works out and discuss my options with them at that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment