Hang on kids, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!




Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Makin' a List

I have enough foods that I can't eat now that I am making a list...and of course I am going to share it with you :-)

My husband and I took a trip this weekend and I learned a lot about my latest fill. It sucks!! Actually it is also doing its job, but I am learning the hard way. I need to take smaller bites and remember to chew, chew, chew, chew, chew and chew some more. Keep thinking in my head "applesauce consistency."

So here is my list of what I cannot eat:

Bread (of any and all shapes and forms. Can't do it)
Pasta (again all shapes and sizes)
Rice
French Fries (which is good and sad at the same time...but being stuck and driving 85mph on I-40 is NOT a situation you want to be in)
Potatoes
Chicken Mc.Nuggets (oh yeah....that was a BAD one. I forgot those are like rubber.)
Scrambled Eggs (this one is truly heartbreaking)
Meat that is too dry (I slightly overcooked my salmon on Sun and it took a lot of work to get it down)
Tortilla chips

The last 6 I learned over the weekend. And let me tell you, when you get stuck any appetite you had before is long gone. I actually lost a pound over the weekend. I had 3 stuck episodes and just stuck to liquids after that.

Last night we came home and I had a terrible headache. Before I headed out to make some deliveries I took my normal pain reliever and IT got stuck! I'm pretty sure it was sideways in there because I felt it. That called for pulling over and getting it out. My 2nd PB since surgery. I thought my husband was going to puke in the passenger seat. For a tough guy he can't handle certain things ;-)

The eggs I was really worried about, because I love eggs. However, at breakfast yesterday I had an egg over-medium and that went down fine, so I guess scrambled eggs and omelets are out now. The meat problem seems to be sporadic, but I have found that ground beef is fine in whatever form it is in (nachos, burger, etc) so I just eat that. It made for interesting nachos for my hubby to eat as I picked the meat & cheese off it them. I had to laugh at our checks when we ate out. Our check was never over $15 for the 2 of us because I just eat off of his place. Nice!! Who knew surgery would make me such a cheap date :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment