Hang on kids, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!




Monday, June 13, 2011

1st Workout Post-Op

I did it and I survived!! I think the hardest part was getting out of bed at 5:30 to go with my husband. At first I told him no, but then I remembered I am eating actual food now and so I got up and went. I knew I wouldn't be able to do much so I got on the treadmill, put in my iPod (with an excellent selection of 80's pop hits) and went to town. I only did 35 minutes on the treadmill but I did 3.5 and worked my way up to 3.0 incline. All in all I did a little over 2 miles. It felt really good to go do something. Sure glad I fell asleep at 8:00 last night in order to do so!

My son started his football camp today. It goes through August. He'll be doing 3 hrs a day, 4 days a week. His goal was to lose 10-15 lbs this summer and I am hoping that this helps him to do it! I had to put tons of sunscreen on his head because we cut off about 10 lbs of hair on Sat. But I am glad I listened to the news this morning and heard that the UV index was going to be "extreme" today (meaning burn in 10 min) because then I put even more sunscreen on him. Don't need burning already this summer!

I have been paying a lot of attention to how my husband and son eat since I had surgery and they eat a LOT. I did the same a month ago. I know that my habits were passed on to my son. I hate that. I get after them about the amount of food that they put on their plates (i.e. 4 pancakes and 2 eggs for breakfast) and I am sure that they are sick of me nagging, but I really want them to realize what they are doing/how much they are eating and be cognisant of it. It took me having surgery to do the same and I want my family to be healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment