Hang on kids, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!




Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Diagnosis: Dermatitis

I am SO happy it isn't shingles. I was really scared it was because my husband has never gotten the chicken pox. That would be all I need is to expose him to that at the age of 34. Contact dermatitis was what the doctor said it is since it is on both sides of my torso. 100+ degree heat, gym, exercise, rubbing/irritation from undergarments & sweat=yuck on your skin. He said it didn't matter that I shower after the gym, it happens. That made me feel a little less cootiesc. I am thinking it might be because I am still healing from surgery and my body is still susceptible to various ailments. He did comment on my incisions. Called them nice. I said "I know, I love them" :-)

Got some prescription cream, anti-inflammatories and the dreaded steroids. I am really worried about taking them because of the puffiness they cause. But, I guess I will just need to suck it up and do it so I can get better and back to the gym (since no more working out until this is cleared up). Talk about a double whammy. Ugh.

One good thing that came out of this visit was 1) BP was 124/78 with NO meds and 2) my resting pulse (which for as long as I can remember has always been 90ish) was 77!!! YAY!!!

It's the little things, isn't it? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment