Hang on kids, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!




Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Health Insurance Nightmare

I have been spoiled for the past 4 1/2 yrs with having my health care paid for 100%. My husband has been spoiled for 16 yrs (the amount of time he was in the Air Force). Now reality sets in with him becoming a civilian. Our TriCare coverage runs out in March so we will have to pay for health insurance again. I NEVER abused our coverage as some people do...only went to the doctor if we were very ill or if our son decided to break something. I did have my surgery covered because of the medical issues that went along with my obesity. I didn't go every time we had the sniffles. I think that is because before I met my husband I had to pay for health coverage and all the joys that go along with it (deductibles, co-pays, etc) so I never abused it. So to those military friends that we have, better be grateful for what you are given!! We are going to be paying over $500/month for family health insurance when our TriCare coverage ends. Holy shit. Top that off with a $3000 deductible and all of the other co-pays and crap. I want to vomit.

With me being the only one working in my house, I better get selling more lotions, potions and toys to cover that! Who wants to have a party? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment