Hang on kids, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!




Monday, January 9, 2012

Holy Hummus

I love hummus. One of my co-workers brought me and my PIC some hummus back from a Greek restaurant and it was To. Die. For. Holy monkey. I had to share a photo of its amazingness. This was today's lunch:


But the real reason I posted was to talk about portions. No, I did not eat all of this. I had 2 pita slices with about 3 tsp of the hummus and I was full. I mean FULL. This is a strange occurrence for me. I am filling up with practically nothing now. It is AMAZING!!! Yesterday at breakfast (at 8:30) I had 1 slice of bacon, 1/4 of a biscuit with gravy and 1/2 of the egg from my eggs benedict. Full. I couldn't eat again until 3:00. I don't know if this is because of being sick or if I am finally listening to my body and not pushing it, but I am loving every minute of it. However, yesterday at breakfast I wanted so badly to be able to finish eating everything because it was so good. I was sad/upset because I was full. My head wanted more but my body said "I don't think so." Me thinks I have some work to do on my "dependence" of food. Time to start looking at it as fuel as opposed to how good something is. Only question is, how long will that take?

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome. Im working on figuring out if Im at avgood fill level or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hummus that has that lemony tang mmm..yum!!!

    http://weightlossthesearchfortheskinnierme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete