Hang on kids, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!




Tuesday, January 24, 2012

State of the Union

I had no intention on watching this tonight because of my personal opinions on the state of our country, however, when our friends Dan & Harmonie Meyer received a phone call from Shelley Berkley's office inviting him to be her guest at the SOTU, I said I will DEFINITELY be watching to see if I can catch a glimpse of him in the audience!! This is SUCH a big deal!!

I have blogged about Dan before. He is the author of DanielMeyerBlog.com and a dear friend of my husband and I. He is fighting the battle of his life now that he is out of the Air Force. Dan was medically discharged after only 6 years of service. He was exposed to the toxic burn pits overseas in Iraq & Afghanistan and is now wheelchair bound and on oxygen 24/7. He is creating a non-profit organization for disabled vets and wants to do as much good as he can. He and his wife are amazing and so very strong. I am so happy for them to have this opportunity to go to Washington D.C. and speak to our leaders about his cause. He is going to make some incredible connections and I know they will be able to move forward with their amazing cause!! Today he was featured in the Las Vegas Review Journal AND on the front page of his hometown paper the Toledo Blade.

Please take a few minutes to read Dan's blog and share him on yours as well. It would be greatly appreciated by all, and you never know the difference you could make for someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment