Hang on kids, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!




Monday, January 2, 2012

Weigh In #1 for 2012

All I can say about that is ewwww. I haven't weighed myself all of December because I didn't want to face reality. I knew I was making poor choices and even though it isn't as bad as what it has been in years past, it is still a gain. I weighed myself this morning and am up to 219...that is 4 lbs in a month. I am sure a lot of it is water retention because I didn't drink as much as I should have over the weekend when in AZ, but still. Damnit! Today starts with refocusing. If I want to be under 200 by the end of this month I have a LOT of work to do. 20 lbs in a month is double what I had been doing, so maybe we will say 199 by Valentine's Day. I did meet my goal of fitting into size 16 jeans by Christmas, but I am disappointed that my poor eating led to a significant gain when I am supposed to be losing at thie crucial part of my journey. So this morning I have my protein shake and will have a few more through the day. Here is my breakfast.

I got these from my surgeon's office and am completely obsessed with them. There are 3 flavors that I have tried and the Orange Peach is my favorite, but Berry Pomegranate and Orange Berry are good too. So yummy and no nasty aftertaste, so if you can find them, I would highly recommend them.

I put a pork loin in the crock pot for pulled pork sandwiches for dinner (although mine will be simply the pulled pork) and I am thinking I might brave taking the lunatic puppy out for a walk. My husband and son are both sick so I am trying to stay away from them as much as possible to avoid getting it myself. I know, Wife and Mom of the Year. But hey, what good am I to them if I get sick?!

I did our menu for the week and we will be sticking to it. We fell back into eating out more even though money is tight...that doesn't help the weight loss process. I am also going to be freezing meals again that are pre-weighed so I don't have my portion issues that I have been having. 4 oz, no more!! Eating more than that has gotten me into this predicament and it needs to stop. I am full, but the food tastes so good that I don't want to stop eating it. Sound familiar? Story of a LOT of our lives. No more...2012 is the year for me to hit my goal weight and if I plan for that to happen by my 1 year bandiversary, I have to keep myself in check.

No comments:

Post a Comment