Hang on kids, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!




Wednesday, July 6, 2011

To Fill or Not To Fill

I had my first appt for a fill yesterday and was really debating whether I actually needed one or not all week. I feel good. I feel restricted. I eat slow and don't overdo it. I figured that we would go over things and they would let me know if I actually need one or not. Here is how the conversation with the PA went:

"So you're here for an adjustment. Do you think you need one?" "I don't know but don't think so"

"Are you measuring your food?" "Yes"

"Measuring out 4 oz every time?" "Yes, but usually don't finish it."

"Do you feel full when you finish your meal?" "Yes, I feel satisfied"

"Are you snacking?" "No"

"And you're losing....so nope! Okay, you're good! See you in a month."

For those who don't know what I am talking about when I refer to a fill, the band is harder plastic but the inside of it has a silicone ring that can be filled with saline through my port. When they fill it with saline, it expands the band causing more restriction when you eat. See pictures:
Some people get several fills while some get none. It all depends on the placement of the band and how big it is to begin with. I am perfectly content staying how I am. I am sure that I will need fills as I go along simply because of the fact that my stomach will be losing fat and the band will loosen, but we will cross that bridge when we get to it :-)

Today I stepped on the scale and saw a number I haven't seen in over a year. That along with my jeans being extremely loose and easily buttoned (no sucking in at all!) showed me that I am doing what I am supposed to and that I am on the right track. Now if I could only get rid of this rash so I can go back to the gym...

No comments:

Post a Comment