Hang on kids, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!




Monday, August 8, 2011

Packing Up

I did my first closet purge this weekend and just discovered something else that needs to go...the jeans I am wearing today. They are literally falling off of me. I can pull them off without unbuttoning them. I never thought I would say that about jeans! I discovered this crotch-hanging-down thing when I had my head flipped over blow drying my hair his morning. I guess I need to try on more things from my closet before I decide I am done with the purge! I no longer have any size 1X shirts (including my cutie pie Joey Logano shirt that I just bought at the races this year which makes me sad and happy at the same time) or 20W pants in there, which is exciting, and I am moving closer to the size 18 jeans that I have refused to let go of through the years. I can wear them now, but I'm afraid that I would have such a muffin top it would be uncomfortable at the end of the day plus not to mention embarrassing. More incentive to keep working those abs at the gym! Whittling my middle for the sake of mankind.

Grandma Hall's funeral is this week and we will be heading to AZ for that. It is going to be a weekend full of driving, crying and eating. It will be about 20 hrs of driving in a 3 day period...my tailbone hurts just thinking of it. I know it isn't appropriate to talk about food when discussing death, but I how Catholics are after funerals and it is a full on feast. My husband said LDS funerals are pretty much the same so I will be watching my P's & Q's for sure. After the reception we will be driving up to Round Valley for the burial and I am actually looking forward to being up there for that because it is absolutely beautiful and very peaceful in that area. Perfect place for our final goodbye to Grandma.

Hope you all have a great week!

1 comment: