Hang on kids, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!




Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sad Day

Today is a change from what I usually blog about. Today the Hall family lost a wonderful and vital part of it...our matriarch. Grandma Hall passed away this morning after her health deteriorated rather quickly. She was 93 years old and had quite the extraordinary life. She was such an amazing woman. She made me feel welcome in the Hall clan from the 1st time I ever met her. She was accepting, loving and cared so much about her family. I will miss her stories (that woman had some doozies...I think my all time favorite is the story about her & Grandpa Hall marrying) and her whispering "secrets" to you. I will miss visiting and watching basketball or baseball with her (Grandma loved her Suns and D-Backs) or just sitting quietly and reading the paper. I will miss hearing her say how she thought my husband was "just the cutest thing we'd ever seen" when he was born and telling me to let her know if he didn't behave himself because she would take him over her knee like when he was little (always accompanied with her little Grandma Hall air punch). She was only a part of my life for 5 1/2 years but she was definitely a grandma to me. I remember when my Grandma Betty passed away my husband's family was in town the day I left Vegas to fly home to Iowa for her funeral. Grandma Hall told me to remember all of the wonderful times and blessings that we had during Grandma Betty's life. That is exactly what I intend to do for you too, Grandma Hall. Love you dearly and we will miss you! I know you will watch out for the rest of us and thank you for the surprise today :-)

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss! you are in my thoughts and prayers! xo

    ReplyDelete